Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Project Bike: Neon Skittles finished

I might not come off as the flashiest guy out there, but when I saw the "Neon Skittles" Specialized Crux frame was available I knew I had to get it. When it comes to bikes i'm a firm believer that there is never too much neon and apparently Specialized feels the same way. It took me awhile to convince Claudia that I needed this bike, but after I agreed to sell two of my other bikes I got the ok.

Skittles is going to be the workhorse in my quiver of bikes, but her real specialty is going to be gravel grinding. Here in Minnesota we are pretty lucky to have the premier gravel race/ride in the country, the Almanzo 100. If that's not enough there is a whole series of Gravel races across the state and to top it off they're free. All you have to do is send in a postcard during the registration period and you're in. Ross and I are signed up for the Almanzo 100. If your interested in gravel riding be sure to check out some of the Bike and Fitness Co. gravel rides. Alright so back to the bike.


I had my little helper help me install all the parts onto the frame.

I went with a Campagnolo Veloce 10 speed shifters.

Campagnolo Veloce 10 speed derailleurs

Avid Short Ultimate Canti brakes will be stopping the bike. 45 Nrth Polara studded tires (winter only).

Fulcrum Racing Torq R 175mm Crankset with Campagnolo C.A.R.T 46/36 tooth chainrings

Specialized Sworks stem, Salsa Cowbell 3 Handlebars, and Specialized S-wrap in hot pink.

I plan on going on the maiden voyage later on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment