Saturday, May 11, 2013

Craziness

With the recent nice weather, things at the shop have been on the crazy side. We've been getting a lot of people on new bikes and fixing up a ton of older bikes. Along with the shop being busy, I've had events to wrench the lat two weekends. Last Saturday was the Alex tri, I had a mechanic's area set up there, where I changed flats, ran through gears, and made sure the tires were pumped up, something a lot of people forgot to do. Yesterday I did the Alexandria area Bike rodeo, this is the 3rd year I've done it, and always have a good time seeing the kids all excited to ride their bikes. At the rodeos I do a safety check on the bikes and make sure they are safe to ride. This year we donated a 20" Specialized Hotrock and some helmets. Every kid that showed up walked away with something. Good times.

In between the craziness I've been trying to get some rides in. Almanzo is a week away and other than Ragnarok I haven't really gone on any longer rides. What I have been doing, are shorter more intense rides, which I'm hoping will allow me to beat my time from last year. Also shop rides are now on the regular schedule, we have the Tuesday night sprints and Thursday night social ride leaving the shop at 6pm. If you haven't already get out and ride your bike!

Enjoy the ride!





No comments:

Post a Comment